6.26.2008

Cereal...

So after getting the okay from the doctor to start solid food at her 4 month check up, we tried the whole rice cereal thing. Didn't go very well the first couple tries. The very first time, I even had the video camera out to record her first few bites of solid food. It didn't turn out as cute as it sounds... she ended up choking and spitting it out and making the most confused and disgusted facial expressions I have ever seen her make. Although it sounds funny now, no one was laughing when it actually happened. AJ even did a "finger sweep" maneuver while she was choking in hopes of getting any extra food out of her mouth.... :)
Tonight we decided to give it another try and it actually went quite well. Most of the cereal ended up on her, on me, on her bouncy seat, and some was even flung across the kitchen when she tried to grab the bowl out of my hand. I'm pretty sure she kept some down though, either way, we made some progress.

The initial shock...

Oh... so I'm supposed to swallow it?

Hmmm....

Okay, not so bad...